cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ode2Joy
Engaged Sweeper

When I view certain reports in Lansweeper (Patch Tuesday and W11 Readiness to name a couple), they are nicely color-coded as red or green depending upon if they pass or fail certain criteria.  When I export the reports to Excel, they are no longer color-coded, but the HEX code for the color used to display the color in the Lansweeper report is listed in a "backgroundcolor" column in the Excel file.  Is there any way to color-code the spreadsheet based on the values in this column?  I tried using Conditional Formatting to do this, but am just not getting very far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rader
Champion Sweeper III

Run this conditional formatting on the sheet you exported.

Out of date conditional format:

• Rule Type: Use a formula to determine which cells to format: =IF($U2="#ffadad",1,0)
  • Preview: Red fill with black text (more colors, custom, hex color #ffadad)
  • Range: =$A$2:$U$71 (range of my sheet - adjust to your needs)

Up to date conditional format:

• Rule Type: Use a formula to determine which cells to format: =IF($U2="#d4f4be",1,0)
  • Preview: Green fill with black text (more colors, custom, hex color #d4f4be)

These have to be added each time you create a report or you can create a blank sheet as a template then copy/paste the export results to the template each time you create the report from Lansweeper. You can change the custom colors to match what you need for better contrast on your excel template sheet.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ode2Joy
Engaged Sweeper

Fantastic, and just what I needed.  I was getting stuck trying to make the 'Highlight Cells Rules' work instead of using a formula to determine.  Thanks a ton!

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Run this conditional formatting on the sheet you exported.

Out of date conditional format:

• Rule Type: Use a formula to determine which cells to format: =IF($U2="#ffadad",1,0)
  • Preview: Red fill with black text (more colors, custom, hex color #ffadad)

Up to date conditional format:

• Rule Type: Use a formula to determine which cells to format: =IF($U2="#d4f4be",1,0)
  • Preview: Green fill with black text (more colors, custom, hex color #d4f4be)

These have to be added each time you create a report or you can create a blank sheet as a template then copy/paste the export results to the template each time you create the report from Lansweeper. You can change the custom colors to match what you need for better contrast on your excel template sheet.

Good luck.