Did you mean: 
saffo
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

So i did the following:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-to-configure-ssl-in-iis-express/

But i get the following error if i try access it:

"NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

I made sure it is the same certificate that i adjusted with the guide.

Anyone exprienced this?

4 REPLIES 4
lukemaslany
Engaged Sweeper II
Just to rule out the basics: is the common name on the certificate the same fully qualified domain name you used in the URL in the web browser?

(remember that if the certificate has a fully qualified domain name, and you try to access it in the browser by IP address or just using the hostname, there will be a mismatch between the names which can result in the error you mention)
saffo
Engaged Sweeper II
Luke Maslany wrote:
Just to rule out the basics: is the common name on the certificate the same fully qualified domain name you used in the URL in the web browser?

(remember that if the certificate has a fully qualified domain name, and you try to access it in the browser by IP address or just using the hostname, there will be a mismatch between the names which can result in the error you mention)

Yes it has but i think the problem is with the SAN in the certificate. It is "DNS-name=localhost". If i type that on the computer where Lansweeper itself is installed then it works as intended but if i try that on another computer then it makes sense that i wont work since it redirects it to itself "localhost". If i try to put the FQDN, IP or pc name of the computer where lansweeper is installed then there is a mismatch since it is looking for "localhost".

Thorlandus
Engaged Sweeper II
saffo wrote:
Luke Maslany wrote:

Yes it has but i think the problem is with the SAN in the certificate. It is "DNS-name=localhost". If i type that on the computer where Lansweeper itself is installed then it works as intended but if i try that on another computer then it makes sense that i wont work since it redirects it to itself "localhost". If i try to put the FQDN, IP or pc name of the computer where lansweeper is installed then there is a mismatch since it is looking for "localhost".

Hi, did you fix the issue. I am having exactly the same.
tsconard
Engaged Sweeper III

Same here.  Did anyone get it fixed?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now