cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewis_Spokane
Engaged Sweeper III
We have laptops that use the LAN when connected, then auto-switches to the WLAN when disconnected. Lansweeper knows the LAN address because it is listed with the "Network" value, however, if you ping or otherwise try to connect to a machine through Lansweeper it uses the DNS record instead. When deploying packages is there a way to use the IP address and not the DNS record?

We have an unresolved DNS issue where the WLAN address is the DNS record even if it has been plugged into the LAN for a week. (but that's not a Lansweeper problem)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, the deployment module only uses netbios name to connect and can't use IP address. I'll link your topic to the existing feature request for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lewis_Spokane
Engaged Sweeper III
Well, I figured out our DNS problem so that should fix our issue deploying things via the netBios name anyway. But the option to deploy to an IP could come in handy someday.

Thanks for the info.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
A scheduled task on your scanning server for ipconfig /flushdns?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, the deployment module only uses netbios name to connect and can't use IP address. I'll link your topic to the existing feature request for this.