cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dannyboy
Engaged Sweeper II
When I delete an asset it reappears when i search again it comes back the asset has now been renamed and is appearing as its new name as well how do i get rid of the extra asset for good?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI: you can check the Scan Time tab of the computer's Lansweeper webpage to see which scanning method picked up the machine, then adjust your scanning setup accordingly under Configuration\Scanning Methods. It is possible that the old computer entry still exists in Active Directory for instance and was picked up by Scheduled Computer Scanning.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI: you can check the Scan Time tab of the computer's Lansweeper webpage to see which scanning method picked up the machine, then adjust your scanning setup accordingly under Configuration\Scanning Methods. It is possible that the old computer entry still exists in Active Directory for instance and was picked up by Scheduled Computer Scanning.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Without seeing the asset page it is difficult to comment it. Possibly a computer was scanned from Active Directory. You need to ensure that DNS does not resolve to this hostname from the IP of the asset and that AD computer accounts get disabled as soon as the computer is not in use any more.

If you could not resolve the issue, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:
  • Link to this forum topic
  • screenshot of an affected asset page
  • screenshots of your setup under Configuration\Scanning methods
dannyboy
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Daniel.B thats not the issue the machine is a ghost entry it dosent exist anymore well it does but its been renamed the renamed one is with it in the list thats working fine but the old name keeps popping up i ve removed any record in out dns server so its not like its reading it from there it was on dhcp so theres no trace there its quite annoying because its reading more computers than we own which is is very strange
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Deleting assets does not prevent them from being scanned again. You need to change your setup under Configuration\Scanning methods in order to prevent scanning of the assets (reduce your IP ranges, add IP address exclusions or other types of exclusions).