cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franga
Engaged Sweeper
hello guys,

I want to ask you if it is possible to make the software update / installation process automatic. I'll explain: I have for example 100 PCs with Adobe Reader (ex. version 2) installed and I want to update all clients with the new version (I have already created the distribution) so, I want to create a group and enter all the clients that will have to receive the updated distribution (as happens on SCCM Manager).
Actually the problem is that if I launch the distribution and 30 clients are offline, the clients do not receive the update, but only if I start the process again.

can you help me?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
In that case, creating an Asset Group specifically for the software install would probably be best. You can add/remove the assets you need, and the deployment task can deploy to just that Asset Group.
franga
Engaged Sweeper
Hello KevinA-REJIS

thank you for your answer. but i would like deploy the software only for example on 30pcs. if i create a report with all pc's witch haven't the software installed i deploy on about 700 clients

what i want do it's this:
1)the user ask me the installation of the software
2)go on my LS
3)put the name of the client into the group
4)and Ls deploy automatically deploy the software
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
What I've done is to create a report of assets that do not have the software installed, then created a deployment that runs off that report, and set it to deploy after a scan.

There have been a couple instances where the deployment fails, but since the asset is still on the report Lansweeper keeps trying, so you should keep an eye on your deployment logs.