cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SyncMasta
Engaged Sweeper III
Good day,

I have the problem that I want to create a task that uninstalls an application and then installs a new application.

Both installations are msi files.

So far I have the following order in the task:
1.) MSIunistall
2.) Install MSI

Unfortunately, it ends the task after the 1st point. Can somebody tell me if this is a "normal" behavior or an error?

I would also like to use the deployment via the planned deployments. Therefore, 2 individual deployments are not useful.
Greeting, Syncmasta
1 REPLY 1
prighi61
Engaged Sweeper III
SyncMasta wrote:
Good day,

I have the problem that I want to create a task that uninstalls an application and then installs a new application.

Both installations are msi files.

So far I have the following order in the task:
1.) MSIunistall
2.) Install MSI

Unfortunately, it ends the task after the 1st point. Can somebody tell me if this is a "normal" behavior or an error?

I would also like to use the deployment via the planned deployments. Therefore, 2 individual deployments are not useful.

Hi SyncMasta, I'm a newly subscribed forum user, so I hope I'm not too late. I verified you can define an uninstall command as a "Command" executing msiexec.exe /x "<path>\<msi-file>" /norestart /qn. Of course you need the installing msi file of the application you want to uninstall (or its product code).