cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshua
Engaged Sweeper III
So this weekend I used Lansweeper to deploy two packages.

Package #1 - A simple powershell script to query WMI and write some values to the registry. Takes maybe 60 seconds to run per machine.

Package #2 - A batch file that runs a locally installed exe with an /update flag. Takes about 2-3 minutes to run per machine.

Both packages were tiny, only a few kilobytes in size. Both packages took FOREVER to deploy.

For instance, I have Deployment Threads set to 50 which says (Number of simultaneous deployments) and ran package #2 on 700 devices. After 90 minutes only 40 of the 700 devices had been successful.

CPU is at 4%. Memory is as 2.6 / 3.2 GB (dynamic up to 8 GB if needed), Ethernet is at 600 Kbps send, 264 Kbps receive. What am I missing here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you right-click on your package share folder, select Properties\Sharing\Advanced Sharing and verify what the number of simultaneous connections is set to there. If this number is low, increasing your deployment threads likely won't make a difference.

If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the information below. We will troubleshoot via email.
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the Configuration\Server Options page of the Lansweeper web console, as well as the Advanced Sharing tab of the package share itself.
  • Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page.
  • XML export of your deployment package.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes, set it to 50 or higher. Otherwise, the number of simultaneous deployments will be limited to 25 due to the limit on the number of simultaneous connections to the package share.
Joshua
Engaged Sweeper III
It's set to 25. Should I bump it to 50?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you right-click on your package share folder, select Properties\Sharing\Advanced Sharing and verify what the number of simultaneous connections is set to there. If this number is low, increasing your deployment threads likely won't make a difference.

If the issue persists, please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide the information below. We will troubleshoot via email.
  • Description of the problem.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • Screenshot of the Configuration\Server Options page of the Lansweeper web console, as well as the Advanced Sharing tab of the package share itself.
  • Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page.
  • XML export of your deployment package.