cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
I have a NAS drive with 4 NICS. each of them is connected and has its own unique IP and MAC.

Lansweeper lists this as 4 separate assets. Can I join them in some way to only show it as one asset?

Thanks!
Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This is only possible if one interface sends data about all network adapters and all drives while scanning it through SSH or SNMP. Lansweeper will automatically remove an asset if one of it's MAC addresses was earlier scanned on another device. It will just drop the data scanned on the second interface. There is no function to merge multiple network devices into a single asset through a button-click. You might consider adding asset relations between the 4 assets.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mzipperer
Engaged Sweeper III
considering that a lot of servers have more than one nic is lansweeper planning on incorporating this into the future?
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Thanks Daniel.

I have already set up asset relationships, but it just makes my asset count wrong. Looks like I have 4 NAS drives instead of just one.

oh well. Thanks for your help!
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This is only possible if one interface sends data about all network adapters and all drives while scanning it through SSH or SNMP. Lansweeper will automatically remove an asset if one of it's MAC addresses was earlier scanned on another device. It will just drop the data scanned on the second interface. There is no function to merge multiple network devices into a single asset through a button-click. You might consider adding asset relations between the 4 assets.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now