cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vPilot
Engaged Sweeper
I see that my scanning configuration (scanning both vCenter and IP Range) is picking up ESXi hosts twice, but is not merging the information together into a single asset.

I have one asset that lists the FQDN of an ESXi host along with it's IP address, while the other asset shows the name of the host in vCenter and all of the corresponding data collected via vCenter, but no IP information - the MAC address shows up instead of the IP in an individual Asset View. I can see in SQL Server that the AssetUnique for the FQDN/IP entry has the IP address listed, while the other uses the MAC Address for AssetUnique.

The only immediate remediation I can think of is to run an SQL query to combine the missing data, and remove the duplicate that is missing most information, but I wanted to ask if there was any option within Lansweeper to address this.
1 REPLY 1
vPilot
Engaged Sweeper
So I figured out the issue, but I don't know the solution - the problem stems from self-signed certificates on the ESXi hosts.

So when Lansweeper goes to scan ESXi hosts, it cannot get past the cert warning that we'd see in a web browser. I tested with a few ESXi hosts by navigating to their Web Interface on my scanning host and accepting the certs, then re-scanned them and confirmed that worked.

I know the security risks that come with self-signed certificates, but is there a way to get Lansweeper to accept these or do I have to go ESXi host -by- ESXi host to accept the certificate in a browser?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now