cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbaxter
Engaged Sweeper
I'm aware you can't cancel a deployment from a previous thread. However, is there a way to clear them all out? to fill you in, I pushed a deployment to about 35 assets and they appear to have gotten hung up when running an installer from the package share. I've rebooted the server and stopped the Lansweeper service on the server but it's still there. When I try to run this deployment (on assets that recently worked), it keeps erroring out. This is preventing me from pushing any deployments.
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
For specific errors such as those, it would be best to contact our technical support so they can take a look at the package and the commands used.
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
  • An .xml export of the deployment package that is failing. Select the package under Deployment\Packages and hit the Export button on the right side of the page, right below the package name.
  • An Excel export of the entire Deployment\Logs page. There is an Export To Excel button on the left side of the page.
General tips for the errors are as follows:
  1. The package reached it's Max duration configured, this is either due to the max duration being too short for the deployment to finish or because the installer was waiting for some kind if user input.
  2. I presume that this is more related to the installer itself than the deployment module. It would seem the installer itself failed or crashed.
jbaxter
Engaged Sweeper
The errors I'm getting are:

1.Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable
2.Result: Deployment ended: Fatal error during installation

The second error (2) was the original deployment package that used to work. The first error (1) was just the first step, which is navigating to the file and using the uninstall parameters. Both previously worked and nothing has changed.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What are errors you are receiving?
jbaxter
Engaged Sweeper
I've tried the instructions you gave but it's still not working. Still unable to deploy any deployments to any assets.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I assume that your deployment on are stuck on "Performing preliminary checks".

To try and resolve the issue with the deployments being stuck at Performing preliminary checks, we would recommend the following steps:

Check that your Lansweeper service is not stopped when deploying. If the service is stopped the deployment will stop but will show the same message Performing preliminary checks.
  • Stop your Lansweeper Server service.
  • Restart the client machines where the deployment is running on or kill the deployment executable on the client machines (remotedeployment_x86/64.exe).
  • Clear the Installer logs by using the Clear Logs report option in the left-hand pane under Deployment\Installer Logs.
  • Restart your Lansweeper Server service.
Try deploying to a single asset that stayed on Performing preliminary checks before.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now