cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkylarP
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I am trying to setup the API for the helpdesk. I am using Postman just to test at the moment. I am getting a request timed out error when doing a basic request (http://lansweeper.com:81/api.aspx?key=1234) or trying to retrieve info about a specific ticket (http://lansweeper.com:81/api.aspx?key=1234&Action=GetTicket&TicketID=3425). I also tried HTTPS. I set the time out to never within postman settings so I’m wondering if it’s something on the server.

I’m wondering is there something configured incorrectly with the server? Is there a list of required server config for the API to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Casslloyd
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for trying out our API, have you checked out our documentation, you will find it here Welcome to Lansweeper Cloud's Technical Documentation | Documentation – Lansweeper

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lanuser88
Engaged Sweeper II

Support Feedbac ksolved my issue. Here it is for anyone else having the same issue

500 errors are rather generic and are usually caused by a configuration problem in the connection between the two machines. If the parameters or actions are incorrect, the API will respond with correct feedback. 

Most likely, the issue can be resolved by one of the following. 

1. Adding the necessary credentials to the API call that is being made
  2. Allow anonymous authentication by following the next steps:
    • Navigate to %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config on the webserver and open the following file: applicationHost.config
    • In the security setting section, change the 'anonymousAuthentication' to 'Allow' as shown below

<sectionGroup name="security">
      <section name="access" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />
      <section name="applicationDependencies" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />
      <sectionGroup name="authentication">
       <section name="anonymousAuthentication" overrideModeDefault="Allow" />  

• Navigate to Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website and open Web.config
  • Add/update the following to the config file

<system.webServer>
      <security>
        <authentication>
          <anonymousAuthentication enabled="true" />
        </authentication>
      </security>
</system.webServer>  

• Restart the World Wide Web Publishing service or restart your Lansweeper site in IIS Manager.
lanuser88
Engaged Sweeper II

SklyarP,

I'm having the same issue. What did you do to finally get it to work? The link shared by Casslloyd seems to only be for the cloud API and not the on-prem ticket API.

Casslloyd
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Thanks for trying out our API, have you checked out our documentation, you will find it here Welcome to Lansweeper Cloud's Technical Documentation | Documentation – Lansweeper