cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobDz
Engaged Sweeper III

Is there a way currently, or perhaps in a future release, where you are able to set the "ticket type" to a blank option to force the userbase to choose a type? We've recently rolled out the help desk to our small userbase and I'm already seeing a trend where they will simply use the "generic" ticket type that we set as default for every/anything .. just wondering, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II

What I did was is to make the default ticket type "New Ticket" and then as part of that, added a custom field that was mandatory to be filled out that I called "Reason for not changing ticket type".  

The problem is that people (one person in particular) put "NA" or "don't need" or some such in there.   

I ran a report the other day for this year's tickets that were closed as "new ticket" and we had 158.  145 of those is one person.   He's having fun going through each of them and fixing them individually.   I COULD show him how to do it in bulk, but this way he'll learn.   I hope.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II

What I did was is to make the default ticket type "New Ticket" and then as part of that, added a custom field that was mandatory to be filled out that I called "Reason for not changing ticket type".  

The problem is that people (one person in particular) put "NA" or "don't need" or some such in there.   

I ran a report the other day for this year's tickets that were closed as "new ticket" and we had 158.  145 of those is one person.   He's having fun going through each of them and fixing them individually.   I COULD show him how to do it in bulk, but this way he'll learn.   I hope.

RobDz
Engaged Sweeper III

I ended up doing something similar, I made a mandatory field as part of that "general" ticket with a help item to change the type if it's not a general question .. hoping for the best ha

pryan67
Champion Sweeper II

Good luck 🙂  

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible, but this is on our customer wish list.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now