cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
The canned report does not produce certain types of info that I would like on a Hyper-v Guest. Is it possible to grab the "type" of memory allocated (static vs dynamic) and if dynamic then the startup Ram, Min Ram and Max Ram?

I can do it in powershell but don't see where that is stored in LS

Get-VMMemory -computername qavmhost qaiis

VMName DynamicMemoryEnabled Minimum(M) Startup(M) Maximum(M)
------ -------------------- ---------- ---------- ----------
QAIIS True 2048 4096 6256

in the end I want to group all the Hosts in a report and subtotal all VM guests on each host so I can see a line per host that says....
physical ram --- total minimum allocated -- total maximum allocated --- total startup allocated ---

something like that
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The data you're looking for is unfortunately not scanned and therefore not stored in the Lansweeper database. Lansweeper scans HyperV guests' allocated memory directly from the HyperV host out of WMI, more specifically from the WMI class Msvm_ComputerSystem. This data is stored in tblHyperVGuest and relates back to the tblAssets using the assetID of the HyperV host. This table only stores a single memory value though, and not whether it's static or dynamic memory.

Additionally the memory is stored under the AssetID of the hyperV guest in tblAssets.Memory. More specific information is not present in the database.

If you would like to see more specific information, it may be theoretically possible to parse the output of your powershell script into a database script that updates specific asset custom field values you've configured to store this information, though we can only provide limited support in this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
do you think this is something that could be added in the future?
My vision is a report on the Hyper-v Hosts that shows it's resources totals along with the guests, that way when planning for deployment of guests a quick report shows all hyper-v hosts and allocated/available resources which makes planning more efficient.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The data you're looking for is unfortunately not scanned and therefore not stored in the Lansweeper database. Lansweeper scans HyperV guests' allocated memory directly from the HyperV host out of WMI, more specifically from the WMI class Msvm_ComputerSystem. This data is stored in tblHyperVGuest and relates back to the tblAssets using the assetID of the HyperV host. This table only stores a single memory value though, and not whether it's static or dynamic memory.

Additionally the memory is stored under the AssetID of the hyperV guest in tblAssets.Memory. More specific information is not present in the database.

If you would like to see more specific information, it may be theoretically possible to parse the output of your powershell script into a database script that updates specific asset custom field values you've configured to store this information, though we can only provide limited support in this.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now