cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi, we are trying to inventor Zebra Technologies devices and found that the information returned by asset radar logs is sometimes incomplete/wrong.

Seems like the MAC ADDRESS database used by Lansweeper-Fing is not accurate. 

https://embedtech.lansweeper.com/mac-address-lookup/

I am sharing the export of the asset radar logs.   Does anybody knows how to request this information to be updated?

Regards

Mario

6 REPLIES 6
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

To ensure that this issue is dealt with accordingly, can you please create a support request per the following directions: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

Hi, just wanted to let you know that we already created a support request and it is under investigation.

We are planning to start PoC's in large retail and telco customers that have lots of unusual hardware vendors so the first phase will use device recognition to identify what is connected in the network.   We have concerns that the recognition won't work as expected and there is not a clear process to request the update of the mac address db that Lansweeper uses.

Thank you all for your support.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

The underlying dataset used for CDR is based on an extremely large dataset and is continuously improved through machine learning, so it should have a high degree of accuracy. Results are based on your devices unique fingerprint of which MAC address is just 1 datapoint. Because of that its not as straightforward as updating an entry in the DB but I'm sure the team will be able to implement your feedback and we can make the process smoother for the future in case you find more rare devices that are not identified accurately

IainCaldwell
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hi @DonMario73 I've forwarded your note to the recognition team.  Will update when i hear back.

Cheers Iain

DonMario73
Engaged Sweeper III

@Esben_D, can you pls help to clarify this issue?

Thks

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Looks Like Iain is already taking care of it 🙂