cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DIDE
Engaged Sweeper
How can I made a report with only the computers that have Internet Explorer 9.
My other reports for versions 6, 7 and 8 works... but not for the version 9.

Query used for ex. version 8:

Select Distinct Top 1000000 dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName As Software, dbo.tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version, Count(dbo.tblSoftware.SoftwareID) As Total, dbo.tblComputers.Computer From dbo.tblSoftware Inner Join dbo.tblComputers On dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName = dbo.tblComputers.Computername Inner Join dbo.web40ActiveComputers On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.web40ActiveComputers.Computername Where dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName Like '%windows internet explorer 8%' Group By dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName, dbo.tblSoftware.softwareVersion, dbo.tblComputers.Computer Order By Count(dbo.tblSoftware.SoftwareID) Desc, dbo.tblSoftware.softwareName
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The query posted in this thread is a 4.2 one, not a 5.0 one. Note that database changes were made in Lansweeper 5.0. For 5.0, use the report below instead. Entire procedure:
- Submit the iexplore.exe for scanning in the web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Custom Scanning.
- Rescan your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting Rescan on the left.
- Run the report below. Please note that this is a query, not a script, and should be run in the web console under Dashboard/Reports/Report Builder.
Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblFileVersions.Found,
tblFileVersions.FilePathfull,
tblFileVersions.FileVersion,
tblFileVersions.CompanyName,
tblFileVersions.Filesize,
tblFileVersions.CreationDate,
tblFileVersions.LastAccessed,
tblFileVersions.LastModified,
tblFileVersions.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblFileVersions On tblAssets.AssetID = tblFileVersions.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblFileVersions.FilePathfull Like '%iexplore.exe'
Order By tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblFileVersions.FilePathfull

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mhansen
Engaged Sweeper
That worked very well. Thank you.

Michael
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The query posted in this thread is a 4.2 one, not a 5.0 one. Note that database changes were made in Lansweeper 5.0. For 5.0, use the report below instead. Entire procedure:
- Submit the iexplore.exe for scanning in the web console under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Custom Scanning.
- Rescan your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting Rescan on the left.
- Run the report below. Please note that this is a query, not a script, and should be run in the web console under Dashboard/Reports/Report Builder.
Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblFileVersions.Found,
tblFileVersions.FilePathfull,
tblFileVersions.FileVersion,
tblFileVersions.CompanyName,
tblFileVersions.Filesize,
tblFileVersions.CreationDate,
tblFileVersions.LastAccessed,
tblFileVersions.LastModified,
tblFileVersions.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblFileVersions On tblAssets.AssetID = tblFileVersions.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblFileVersions.FilePathfull Like '%iexplore.exe'
Order By tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblFileVersions.FilePathfull
mhansen
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same issue, and am trying to use this solution, but when I copy your query text in to the database scripts box it returns - Invalid object name 'tblComputers'.

It seems like any query I copy in to the box returns the same. Any ideas?
DIDE
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you, your query helped!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper reads software info from the following registry locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

(x64 only)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

More concretely this means that any program that shows up under Programs and Features will be scanned by Lansweeper.

IE9 is being delivered to some operating systems as an "update", not as a "program". It doesn't show up under Programs and Features, which explains why it's not being scanned by default and why your reports have no results.

What you could do is perform a file scan for the executable instead. First make sure that you have added the file for scanning, as shown in the attached image.

If you immediately wish to scan for this executable, perform a "Full Rescan" of the computers you need.

Use the following SQL code to find all computers with IE9 installed:

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblComputers.Domain, tblFileVersions.FilePathfull As [Attempted To Scan], tblFileVersions.Found, tblFileVersions.FileVersion, tblFileVersions.CompanyName, tblFileVersions.Filesize From tblComputers Inner Join tblFileVersions On tblComputers.Computername = tblFileVersions.Computername Where tblFileVersions.FilePathfull Like '%iexplore.exe' And tblFileVersions.FileVersion Like '9.%'
DIDE
Engaged Sweeper
I got no results (no errors also).
The same query with Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 gave me results.
With 9 nothing.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
which error do you get?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now