cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBI
Engaged Sweeper II

Good morning,

We are using Lansweeper version 10.4.4.4 and I have a few questions regarding asset scanning and helpdesk tickets:

1) Asset scanning: Is it possible to prevent Lansweeper from duplicating assets when scanning targets ? For example in the screenshot "scanning, I have several times assets AS-FIR-003 and AS-FIR-004 but I only need them one time each, so only 2 assets in total...I assume there is some port scanning which detects several vlans but in the end I only want the asset one time, or else it takes several asset licences. How can we prevent this?

2) Ticket types / custom fields: Is it possible to simply add a non-editable text, like simply a label as a custom field?
Right now every type requires an action from a user, but I would like to add simply a label to give information to the user (see screenshot type.jpg for current field types.

3) Check boxes: We have a ticket type which is a Employee Arrival type of ticket. In it we ask several information for the new employee to create. I would like to know if we could also build a employee onboarding check-list for IT technician to make sure the creation goes smoothly. Then if another IT opens the ticket, he will see which check boxes are checked, so he can continue with the remaining points and mark other check boxes. This would kinfd of replace our employee onboarding word document that often isn't followed in the most rigorous way.

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MBI
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello,

Thank you for the responses. I will try some of the suggested things and get back. Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there,

We hope the below information can provide some help.

Asset scanning vs. duplicates

When a network asset is being scanned, Lansweeper needs to determine whether or not the asset is already present in the Lansweeper database. It does this by comparing the "unique key" or "internal ID" of the asset. More information on how Lansweeper uniquely identifies assets can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/how-lansweeper-uniquely-identifies-assets/

If a duplicate is created for the same asset, this would indicate that the unique key is not the same. You can always double-check the unique key by opening the asset in "edit mode".

Ticket types/custom fields

When users have permission to edit the assets in Lansweeper, they can also edit the custom fields. When users are not allowed to edit assets, the custom fields should be read-only.

Checkboxes

There is no specific feature for this, but you might want to look into our ticket custom fields and see whether they suit your needs: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/configuring-using-the-helpdesk/create-and-add-custom-fields-to-t...

MBI
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello,

Thank you for the responses. I will try some of the suggested things and get back. Thank you