cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gyorvari
Engaged Sweeper
It could be nice security improvement to use individual local password stored in the Active Directory Computer Object instead of using same credential in the bunch of computer.
In case of using same credential one compromised computer cause lateral movement of the attacker.
Use of the LAPS password can mitigate this.
19 REPLIES 19
cscherrey
Engaged Sweeper III

Just adding another comment to bump the priority of Lansweeper needing to support LAPS.  Can Lansweeper comment on when we can expect this feature to be released?  PDQ has had it for a while now.  With Lansweeper's focus on security, I would think this feature is a priority.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

While we cannot communicate an expected release date at this time, we can confirm that this feature is in active development, so it is coming sooner rather than later.

ktkintner
Engaged Sweeper
This would provide a massive improvement to security! One of your major competitors I know supports LAPS.
PeterW
Engaged Sweeper
This would be really useful. The same way as bitlocker
Coldfirex
Engaged Sweeper
Please!
SystemAdmin
Engaged Sweeper II
Does LanSweeper Staff have an official response to this?
setiron
Engaged Sweeper II
Gyorvari wrote:
It could be nice security improvement to use individual local password stored in the Active Directory Computer Object instead of using same credential in the bunch of computer.
In case of using same credential one compromised computer cause lateral movement of the attacker.
Use of the LAPS password can mitigate this.

This is so incredibly important. And doesn't seem particularly hard to implement in a secure manner.

PLEASE treat it as high priority.
GulfMarco
Engaged Sweeper III
Bump.
nointegerallowe
Engaged Sweeper
This is so badly needed, I think if we don't get Firefox fixed and LAPS support, 2021 will be our last year with Lansweeper.