cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stever
Engaged Sweeper II
We have been running lansweeper for years without any major issue, however at least for the last couple of weeks single laptop assets have been disappearing and then reappearing later as new assets.

For example I searched for a particular user and their record showed they had no assets. I searched for their laptop asset (a 18 month old laptop) and it came back with no results. I searched for it again the next day and it had reappeared as a new asset, with no history.

This laptop had been present on a report I saved a week earlier, however on double checking the report there were at least 5 laptops missing. When i checked lansweeper they were all on there but all as new assets, there are now other laptops missing in lansweeper.

I don't have the options set to automatic delete stale assets (not that any of these are!), only to set as non-active if not seen for over 60 days.

Why is lansweeper randomly deleting my active assets?

Current Browser: Chrome80
Current Database: SQL server
Current Version: 7.2.100.20

We have the 500 assets licence and have 385 licenced assets.

I do both Active Directory and IP range scanning, and not had any known network or AD issues. Many of our users particularly over the last few weeks have been connecting to our network over a VPN remotely, not sure if this is related. Lansweeper is successfully scanning VPN connected laptops.

1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi Stever,

I think it's best you drop a mail to support@lansweeper.com. Our technical support team will be happy to assist you with further support regarding your inquiry.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now