cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vqT4cDoP9iXyMZw
Champion Sweeper
A couple months ago I upgraded from v9.210.1 to v9.4.0.8. Immediately following, and with each subsequent upgrade through v10.0.1.0, the Lansweeper Server service consumes all available memory on the scanning server and crashes within about 2 days once the OS hits low memory.

I've been engaged with support and have disabled all of the following recently added/enabled features:

CERTIFICATES
EXCHANGE
LINUXSOFTWARE
PNPSIGNEDDRIVERS
PRINTERDRIVERS
SOFTWAREMSSTOREAPPS
SYSTEMDRIVERS

Unfortunately it's still eating RAM. Right now the service has been running for less than 8 hours and is already over 7GB.

Is anyone else out there experiencing a similar issue?

5 REPLIES 5
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi,

The best thing to do is indeed sending a mail to support@lansweeper.com for crashes and unexpected memory leaks. We hope to find the cause of this to improve the product in a future release.
vlad
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same issue with memory consumption maxing out, which leads to service crash.
Last night it also caused BSOD on one of the scan servers (2019).

Last event from Lansweeper Error log before crashing:
2022-05-31 18:05:55,802 [XX\XXXXXXXX05\1_PS] INFO AssetName:XXXXXXXX05 AssetUnique:XX\XXXXXXXX05\1 AssetID:5227 IP:10.xx.56.xx ScanMethod:PerformanceCounters Description:AssetId: 5227 Error during performance counters scan Invalid class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Lansweeper.Service.SA.PerformanceCountersAgent..MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
at Lansweeper.Service.SA.PerformanceCountersAgent.Scan(ManagementScope managementScope, PerformanceMetrics metricsToScan)
at #=zWEniKQwVNjAFBUM8IZRvTF7Kd6Sn.#=zZYegc5tX1cekQ1p2Rg==(ScanningAsset #=zByhDE9X89vk5, IDbConnection #=zi$P3NkEorBRU)

2 events from Win event log captured:
7009 Error Microsoft-Windows-Service Control Manager System 31/05/2022 6:14:11 PM
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Lansweeper Server service to connect.

1001 Error BugCheck System 31/05/2022 6:18:33 PM
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffab0cb71020c0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 38785ebb-172c-4cb1-854e-acce6e7fa9e0.

It would be really good if new scan features were thoroughly tested before the release.
We run 10 scan servers across number of countries and additional admin overhead due to the bugs became a full time job...

Yes - I have raised this with Support - just to get the logs/config files (about 2GB) from all servers, compress and upload to the ticket takes half a day. And after couple of days I was advised to "delete an asset" or "restart service"...

Surely this can be done better...
Faktotum
Engaged Sweeper II

It would be really good if new scan features were thoroughly tested before the release.
We run 10 scan servers across number of countries and additional admin overhead due to the bugs became a full time job...

Yes - I have raised this with Support - just to get the logs/config files (about 2GB) from all servers, compress and upload to the ticket takes half a day. And after couple of days I was advised to "delete an asset" or "restart service"...

Surely this can be done better...

Absolutely agree
vqT4cDoP9iXyMZw
Champion Sweeper
I appreciate the reply, Frank. However, I've already disabled the scanning features and upgraded to the newer v10.0.1.0 referenced in that link.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi,
Could you please have a look at the post below:
https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst21195_Experiencing-high-resource-usage-cpu-memory.aspx#post67427