cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datev
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,
I'm attempting to migrate our Installation from one server to another, at the same time migrating also from compact DB to a DB on our SQL-server.
I'm trying to follow this:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/moving-your-database-from-sql-compact-to-sql-server/
I let Lansweeper create a DB on the SQL server (it's a Core server), so I have a SQLSRV\lansweeperdb in there. (I installed Lansweeper on the SQLSRV only with SQL-setting and DB. Unchecked Service/Website.
Mixed mode authentication is enabled, both Windows and SQL logins works. I can also fully remote the servers, TCP connections are working, I can admin via MMC, access via Powershell etc.

On my old server, when I execute CompacttoServer, I can browser for DB, I can find the correct instance, yet I get:
Invalid object name "TSysConfig".
What's causing this?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
As long as you have a backup of your database, you will always be safe since in a worst-case scenario, you can always restore it.
datev
Engaged Sweeper II
Success. Managed to miss this:
You must reinstall all Lansweeper components: database, service and web console. You don't have to install them all on the same machine, but it is absolutely critical that you set up a new SQL Server database and connect a new service and web console to it. Don't try to manually create the database either. Let the installer do this.

Now, can I uninstall Lansweeper on my SQL server now?
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
If you run DatabaseMaintenance.exe in the same Tools folder as the CompactToServer.exe, and then click the Database Tables tab, does it show TSysConfig as a table?

If you run the Verify option in the same tool, does it say the database is healthy?

This may require support, or to try starting the process over again. I did a migration roughly a year ago in my own environment but did not run in to any issues when following the steps in the link you posted.
datev
Engaged Sweeper II
Yes, the database is healthy and there is an entry TsysConfig with Row 1.