cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Guys

We have recently migrated to Office 365 . I read up and saw that we cannot make use of an Office 365 shared mailbox. So I have gone ahead and converted those shared maiboxes to user mailboxes and assigned them a Exchange Online license. For some reason, I still cannot get Lansweeper to connect to those mailboxes.

Does anyone have the correct settings for me to use.

Or could it be that they were shared mailboxes that I converted to userboxes without deleting them first?
2 REPLIES 2
TheRickOlson
Engaged Sweeper
We just got this set up on ours. We're using a standard O365 account, licensed for mail-only. We'll have to schedule and alert staff to the password change on the account, but that's a relatively minor issue. Here's what our config looks like this:

Incoming:
  • Protocol - Exchange (EWS)
  • Incoming mail server - outlook.office365.com (port 143)
  • Security - Implicit TLS/SSL
  • Server Requires Authentication - Checked
  • User/password of your help desk account

Outgoing:
  • Protocol - Exchange (EWS)
  • SMTP server - smtp.office365.com (port 587)
  • Security - Explicit TLS/SSL
  • Server Requires Authentication - Checked
  • User/password of your help desk account
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
This topic might help a bit: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst13336_Shared-office-365-mailbox.aspx

However, for your helpdesk mailbox we strongly recommend using a secured, dedicated mailbox. We recommend enabling security as your helpdesk will likely contain sensitive information. We recommend a dedicated mailbox as Lansweeper will import all mails (old and now) from the designated inbox folder and treat them as helpdesk requests. All emails that don't meet your ignore rules will be imported into your helpdesk and moved to the helpdesk_archive folder, mails that meet the ignore filters will be moved to the helpdesk_ignore folder and not imported.