cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NV5_IT_GRW
Engaged Sweeper
Hi everyone,

I just recently started diving more deeply into Lansweeper and noticed that there is a "floor map" area (Default Location Map) under 'Asset Location'.

Is there a way I can load a PDF or other file into Lansweeper and replace the default map which is a generic creation? I didn't see anything on how to update it (granted, I may have missed something on the side, etc.). Is there a limit to the file types we can use as background maps (i.e. if I have a map in Visio, or AutoCAD, etc.)?

Thank you everyone for any guidance on getting started!

-gary-
3 REPLIES 3
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Just take note, don't go to large with your uploaded floorplan otherwise you get weird machine name wrapping.

Also note that each floor plan / location is treated as an asset in your asset count.
CyberCitizen wrote:
Just take note, don't go to large with your uploaded floorplan otherwise you get weird machine name wrapping.

Also note that each floor plan / location is treated as an asset in your asset count.

Thanks very much for the information! It's much appreciated! I'll give this a try.
DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
Gary W. wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just recently started diving more deeply into Lansweeper and noticed that there is a "floor map" area (Default Location Map) under 'Asset Location'.

Is there a way I can load a PDF or other file into Lansweeper and replace the default map which is a generic creation? I didn't see anything on how to update it (granted, I may have missed something on the side, etc.). Is there a limit to the file types we can use as background maps (i.e. if I have a map in Visio, or AutoCAD, etc.)?

Thank you everyone for any guidance on getting started!

-gary-

If you go to Location then add that location You will get the default map but to the left panel you should see change image. From here you can choose the file you want. This should help you.