cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLANG
Engaged Sweeper

Hello, I'm interested in setting up a frequent poll of servers on our network, particularly in relation to monitoring Windows service states. It looks like LS Agent does not support intervals less than every 4 hours. Our requirements are:

• Approx 70 servers to be scanned
  • Just Windows services to be scanned on each server (only a few specific services on each server is really required)
  • Polling interval every 15 minutes (or lower if possible)
  • Compare current Windows service state (at the time of polling/scanning) to a specified "expected" state
  • Notify an email group when differences to expected state occur

Ideally a server "group" could be created, so that any server we put into this group inherits the scanning/polling specifications.

Can something like this be done through Lansweeper, if not through LS Agent, through an alternative?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone that can help answer this,

DLANG.

2 REPLIES 2
DLANG
Engaged Sweeper

Thanks for these suggestions rom. The compliance report option seems feasible.

rom
Champion Sweeper III

yeah I would like more frequent LSAgent intervals as well.  OK, so you can do a standard scan (from scan server to the server) -  so what I would do, would be to make a report (this is on-prem "classic") - for the servers you want, that's like a compliance report -  probably one with all the services you want to know about and their statuses.  Then, make a duplicate of that report, and add the non-compliance clauses -  like, where they are stopped.  Then you can set a 15 minute interval scan on the main report you did (that lists all the servers you want to scan), and set up an email report on the exception report to run every uhh... 20 minutes?   This is a poor-man's service monitoring though... and it runs all WMI queries on the server every 15 mins... I've done it a few times in a pinch...  if it were me, with only 70 servers to monitor, you can probably get free versions of monitoring tools such as PRTG.