cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcsabina
Engaged Sweeper
Dear Community,

I am working on a task to create a report that contains the following entries of our asset base, which is (mostly) Windows10 PCs:
- Country or region (from Settings->Time&Language->Region)
- Regional format (from Settings->Time&Language->Region)
- Windows display language (from Settings->Time&Language->Language)
- Keyboard layout (from Settings->Time&Language->Language->Keyboard)

Keep in mind that these settings are located in the Settings panel, not under Control Panel.

I have done some research on the available database fields of Lansweeper, and I have found the following two entries:
- tblOperatingsystem.Countrycode
Although the description looks promising, this entry has nothing to do with the 4 entry above. It is representing the setting for the 'Languange for Non Unicode programs' setting in Control Panel->Region->Administrative tab->Change system local option. In Windows 10 at least.

- tblKeryboard.Layout
I am not sure where this value is coming from, but this is not the currently active keyboard layout for sure. For a test I've activated a Dutch keyboard layout, but this value is still being reported as 00020409, which is "United States - International".

I also did some further research about how to read out those 4 settings from the registry:
Region -> Country or region: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\Geo\Name
Region -> Regional format: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\LocaleName
Language -> Keyboard: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload\1
Language -> Windows display language: ?

This could be an option (except the "Windows display language"), but my preferred solution would be to utilize the LS database entries, instead of a registry read.

So is there a way to get those 4 settings without reading registry values?

Thanks,
Tamas
0 REPLIES 0

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now