cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmercier
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello, I am new to lansweeper and quite impressed by the reactivity of the community, I am getting used to the various possibilities lansweeper offers. However I didn't find a post that truelty answer my issue (I think). I have a lot of assets and i need to verify if every assets had exaclty the software installed I want and nothing else. The issue here is that the Asset 1 and 2 will have different installed software A,B, C and D (example).

I hope i am clear but basically i would need a report that check if : 

- Asset 1 has A,B and D software installed and nothing else .

- Asset 2 has B,C and D software installed and nothing else.

- And create a warning if a software not mentionned is detected.

Thank you so much for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Lansweeper allows you to mark software as authorized (or not), and we can certainly report on that. If this is what you are looking for, then I would suggest heading to this KB article: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/managing-software/mark-software-and-add-ons-as-authorized/ta-p/6...

Hello ! Thank you for your quick answer. I checked the authorisation system, but I think it works globally with every assets, however i wanted to do a check up of every software installed on a specific asset. For example I want to verify if an Asset 1 have the software A but not the B that is used in an Asset 2, and vice versa. But can I do that ? 

I think that if I used the autorization method, if I authorized A and B software than the Asset 1 could have the software B installed without any warning.

My final objective is to obtain an alert if an Asset lacks a Software that it should have or if it has a software it should not have but independently from other assets. I hope this makes sens, make sure to boo me if it doesn't. Thank you again.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

It makes perfect sense, but it is outside of the current capabilities of Lansweeper, I am afraid. Theoretically, this might be achievable with some dynamic SQL reporting directly on your SQL Server database, but this is out of the scope of our support services. But maybe someone else from our user base has some ideas. Good luck!

Alright, thank you for your time, I'll wait for a potential idea from the users.

In the meantime, isn't there a simplier way to approach my issue ? Like maybe with a simple sql report that just check if the Asset A has the Software 1 and I just repeat the operation for every assets and software ?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

This basic SQL query checks for specific software on all your assets. It could be a good start: https://www.lansweeper.com/report/specific-windows-linux-or-mac-software-installed/

You can then use the filter boxes on top of your report results to quickly check for a specific asset in the result set.