cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thais
Engaged Sweeper II
My company is changing all the equipments to Apple, then we'll going to use the Safari.
Will there be Safari support? Because the browser shows the main page desconfigured. Or there is any plug-in that could solve the problem?
8 REPLIES 8
Thais
Engaged Sweeper II
Got it! Thank you all for the help
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you want to scan Apple Macs, these are the articles to read through:

https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/159/apple-mac-scanning-requirements.html
https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/33/How-to-scan-Apple-Mac-computers.html
Thais
Engaged Sweeper II
AZHockeyNut, how did you do that? Did you add manually a new asset?
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
Thais wrote:
AZHockeyNut, how did you do that? Did you add manually a new asset?

no had the mac user add a local account, then used those credentials in a set of scanning credentials in LS. Set the scanning credentials to that specific target (we used a static IP for it)
fairly certain we got the ideas from the same set of articles quoted by Charles
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
I had to create a local login on the 1 apple item we have here so LS could scan it. But it does get scanned.
Thais
Engaged Sweeper II
Since the subject its active, I'd like to ask how the Lansweeper works with apple equipaments. The softwares and hardware informations are scanned properly? Or there is any incompatibility with this archtecture?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Officially, we don't support the Safari browser. However, most Lansweeper functions should work. Off of the top of my head the one major thing I can think of that will have problems would be actions.

I added your topic to the existing feature request to add Safari as a supported browser.
mikeNDF
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm using Safari right now through OSX 10.13.2 and other than an annoying login screen (because I am not logged in under a domain account) it renders well (I did disable 'content blockers' for the webpage). My best guess is to try and 'fool' Safari to run as IE via user agent, but not sure if that's still feasible.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now