cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rprahl
Engaged Sweeper
When I try to use this script it works changing the lock screen but it isn't a clear picture and the desktop goes to a black screen which then locks out the users ability to change anything back from the black screen. The single desktop image file is located in the C:\windows\LSDeployment folder. I am running Windows 10 Pro build 1903. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. This script was written by Esben D. I have attached a zip file with the script, XML file and the image I am trying to use. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

# The Script sets custom background Images for the Desktop and the Lock Screen by leveraging the new feature of PersonalizationCSP that is only available in the Windows 10 v1703 aka Creators Update and later build versions #

# Note: The Image File names can be anything you wish, however the Image resolution that I have been using for my environment was 3840X2160 (not sure if that matters though) #

# Applicable only for Windows 10 v1703 and later build versions #

# Script also assumes that you have alreadt copied over the Desktop and LockScreen Images to the C:\OEMFiles\ folder and are named as Desktop.jpg and LockScreen.jpg respectively #

$RegKeyPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PersonalizationCSP"

$DesktopPath = "DesktopImagePath"
$DesktopStatus = "DesktopImageStatus"
$DesktopUrl = "DesktopImageUrl"
$LockScreenPath = "LockScreenImagePath"
$LockScreenStatus = "LockScreenImageStatus"
$LockScreenUrl = "LockScreenImageUrl"

$StatusValue = "1"
$DesktopImageValue = "C:\Windows\LSDeployment\Dekstop_WS.jpg" #Change as per your needs
$LockScreenImageValue = "C:\Windows\LSDeployment\Desktop_WS.jpg" #Change as per your needs

IF(!(Test-Path $RegKeyPath))

{

New-Item -Path $RegKeyPath -Force | Out-Null

New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $DesktopStatus -Value $StatusValue -PropertyType DWORD -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $LockScreenStatus -Value $StatusValue -PropertyType DWORD -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $DesktopPath -Value $DesktopImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $DesktopUrl -Value $DesktopImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $LockScreenPath -Value $LockScreenImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $LockScreenUrl -Value $LockScreenImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null

}

ELSE {

New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $DesktopStatus -Value $Statusvalue -PropertyType DWORD -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $LockScreenStatus -Value $value -PropertyType DWORD -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $DesktopPath -Value $DesktopImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $DesktopUrl -Value $DesktopImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $LockScreenPath -Value $LockScreenImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
New-ItemProperty -Path $RegKeyPath -Name $LockScreenUrl -Value $LockScreenImageValue -PropertyType STRING -Force | Out-Null
}
1 REPLY 1
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
One thing I noticed immediately is that you have a spelling mistake within your $DesktopImageValue variable in the PS script. It's probably the reason for your black screen. Can't speak to the clarity of the image. Are you viewing it on a monitor that is 1080P? If it's a higher resolution, that could explain that one as well.

"Dekstop_WS.jpg"

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now