cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brendan440
Engaged Sweeper II
So right now, I am not able to update my Premium license to any of the ones mentioned in the emails that work with the new features of LANSweeper 7.

Should I bother updating to this latest version? Will I see any benefits?
22 REPLIES 22
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
$11,000 sounds like you have been making good use of your $799. Considering what we pay for 350 assets, I think you were expecting a bit much when you start looking at things like SCCM, ManageEngine Desktop etc. I see Lansweeper as designed for your small to medium businesses so I think the asset count is fine.
sryan
Engaged Sweeper III
Another dead customer.

Just beating an old thread here. I was a Gov customer paying the original $799 for the enterprise edition. Then came the licensing money grab. We were told we could no longer use the legacy licensing and that our new license would be $11,000. THIS is not a way to treat your customers. Incremental price increases are one thing. Increasing the price 10x is just discusting. Money grab. We stopped using this product altogether because of this. Let me know if you find an alternative product with agent scanning at a decent price.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hey guys, I always try to be as transparent as possible with you. My comments quoted from almost 2 years ago were accurate at the time and still will be until the premium license is discontinued.

We are in the process of contacting everyone to make sure that they have ample time to discuss their license with their account executive. So I recommend you have a chat with your account executive to check what your best options are.
marck1024
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Hey guys, I always try to be as transparent as possible with you. My comments quoted from almost 2 years ago were accurate at the time and still will be until the premium license is discontinued.

The statement that you don't want to force customers onto new licenses, that you want them to see value in the new features and make the choice to move to a new license, is most certainly not true now, and it hasn't been for at least a while.

There have only been a handful of releases with new features that were supposed to convince customers to move over. So, I'd say it has been a short time since you assured customers they wouldn't be forced to new licenses. But I liked to see you try that line after cheating on a wife or girlfriend. "Honey, it was true at the time when I told you I'd be faithful."

It's just a terrible way to treat your customers. It's reasonable to raise prices 10% or so each year, but not hundreds of percent. And assuring customers expressing concern about the possibility of huge price increases that they don't need to worry about it, only to go back on it...

I give you credit for at least giving a year notice. You're better than LogMeIn. But it's still a distasteful move.
Notonyourradar
Engaged Sweeper III
If I have an Enterprise - Unlimited Access license will I be able to use all the new v.7 features or is this considered a "Legacy" license?
Notonyourradar wrote:
If I have an Enterprise - Unlimited Access license will I be able to use all the new v.7 features or is this considered a "Legacy" license?

It's now considered a Legacy license now with LS7.
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
I'm basing my costs on actual quotes from LanSweeper, not list price.

Because of the new license regime, I need to upgrade another 1000 licenses despite only needing less than 100 extra licenses to cover my whole estate.

On the old regime I could have run up to 600 additional assets until needing to pay for an upgrade.

This is too much too quickly.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
https://web.archive.org/web/20110713183738/http://www.lansweeper.com/premium-users.aspx
Wow 2011 had a great deal.

Well maybe lanswweeper will one day reconsider their interpretation of the spirit of the original license agreement for older customers,
"Always access to the latest version and updates".
I guess access to did not always mean "and use what it can do" . Once can argue language here but may not be worth it.

But, Until then I guess we can see what bugs get fixed in v7. I'd hate to get to much out of date as you always worry about upgrades from old versions though. For now , personally I don't see the need for the new restricted 'features' as its just fine for now as a product, but the snub does hurt.

https://i.imgur.com/0MJf9OF.jpg

In the end business is business I guess and why charge less when you can charge more just because others do the same.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Argon0 wrote:
The costs of adding licenses has rocketed, in March April cost per asset per year was quoted at £0.07, recently it was quoted at £0.72, now it is £1.10.

I'm not sure how you did your price calculation, but our pricing starts at €0.99 (obviously currency values play a part here).

danielm wrote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110713183738/http://www.lansweeper.com/premium-users.aspx
Wow 2011 had a great deal.

Well maybe lanswweeper will one day reconsider their interpretation of the spirit of the original license agreement for older customers,
"Always access to the latest version and updates".
I guess access to did not always mean "and use what it can do" . Once can argue language here but may not be worth it.

But, Until then I guess we can see what bugs get fixed in v7. I'd hate to get to much out of date as you always worry about upgrades from old versions though. For now , personally I don't see the need for the new restricted 'features' as its just fine for now as a product, but the snub does hurt.

https://i.imgur.com/0MJf9OF.jpg

In the end business is business I guess and why charge less when you can charge more just because others do the same.

The goal really isn't to just charge more because we can. We've been pretty transparent about the fact that we want to continue evolving Lansweeper and it's feature set.
The new features might indeed not be enough for some to upgrade at the moment. As new features continue to be added, we hope that in time, everyone will see that the value preposition is good enough to upgrade. When that time is, is up to each individual. The next feature release will be in the spring of 2019.