cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Autodesk have changed the process for 2022 products and I am a bit stuck working out how to silently deploy them to our office PCs.

The old method had you download the products installer, then use that to create a deployment. Now you do this straight from the Autodesk management page and it seems to be a slightly different format. The deployment package creates a .bat file to get you started with deployment commands and contains this information:

rem ========== Install the deployment with basic UI ==========
"\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Installer.exe" -i deploy --offline_mode --ui_mode basic -o "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Collection.xml" --installer_version "1.20.0.44"

rem ========== Install the deployment silently ==========
rem "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Installer.exe" -i deploy --offline_mode -q -o "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Collection.xml" --installer_version "1.20.0.44"

rem ========== Uninstall the individual product ==========

rem ========== Uninstall Autodesk AutoCAD 2022 - English
rem "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Installer.exe" -i uninstall -q --manifest "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\ACD_2022_en-US\setup.xml" --extension_manifest "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\ACD_2022_en-US\setup_ext.xml"

Previously with 2020 editions I could run the following command successfully:

"\\CDF-GFA-DCF-02\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2020\Img\Setup.exe" /W /qb /I \\CDF-GFA-DCF-02\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2020\Img\AutoCAD 2020.ini /language en-us

It's a bit beyond my knowledge so any help greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Trooper666
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I was always using FQDN and not IP address and I still cannot get any 2022 Autodesk products to install. It is getting stuck on the ODIS I think but the DownloadManager exe is running with and that is it. I found some logs pointing to the inability to download the core_DDA.

Autodesk aren't helping as they have said not their issue and they cannot support every deployment software out there, and I have tried contacting Lansweeper support and haven't heard anything.

If I deploy package using the scanning credentials or system it hangs, but if I log on to the target PC as my admin account and then change the package deployment to Current Logged On, the package will install.

So my thinking is that the command line is calling an interactive command or a path that it not available when running in non-interactive.

Can you tell me if you are running/calling the batch file from the LS package or the using the 2022 install command line that is within the Custom install batch file?

Are you deploying the package with System or with the Scanning account credentials?

Thanks.
Trooper666 wrote:
Can you tell me if you are running/calling the batch file from the LS package or the using the 2022 install command line that is within the Custom install batch file?

Are you deploying the package with System or with the Scanning account credentials?

I deploy using the scanning credentials.

I am not using the bat file, but I am using the command line in the bat file that Autodesk generate. That command line I am then putting into Lansweeper as a deployment step.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Great to hear it worked out for you. I try and use the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) where possible to resolve these issues.
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
You beautiful genius you.

Even though it was being deployed internally (not over VPN), I had not caught the fact it was using the server IP address and not the name. Working remotely, I have been so used to using the full IP address instead for most things that I was used to seeing it everywhere. I changed to the server name instead and it is working.

Thank you so much for your help 🙂
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
The account your installing with does that have admin rights on the machine to be able to install with? If you are using a system account etc they tend to not have access to the network / internet if there are any addition checks in the installer.

I noticed the 172 address. Are you trying to install it from a server that is via a VPN, on the machine your trying to install it on can that access the file server? I am hoping you have increased the package timeout as well more than 15 minutes due to the AutoDesk sizes etc.

If you run a command prompt window on the end user machine and run that silent install command does that work?

If you uninstall, restart the machine and then attempt to deploy to it again using the same command that worked ok what error message does Lansweeler give you?

I am yet to try any of the latest version of AutoCAD but I might be able to have a look tomorrow time permitting etc.
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
Do you get an error in the deployment console? If so what is it?
MasterDoddy
Engaged Sweeper II
Edit: May have solved it. It's might be a permission issue and using scanning credentials looks like it is progressing. Will let you know in an hour...

Thank you for the reply.

I tried this but it still fails. I then tried running it as an installer step and also taking the command arguments and putting them straight into the Command step; each returned with Incorrect Function.

I then tried running the .bat file straight from the package share and it did install (although it did ask for admin credentials at first, then installed silently). It suggests to me that the installer functions, albeit asking for admin credentials when it shouldn't and that might be the problem. Below is the contents of the .bat file.

chcp 65001

rem ========== Install the deployment silently ==========
"\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Installer.exe" -i deploy --offline_mode -q -o "\\172.20.21.151\gfadata$\Practice Admin\__GFA IT\PackageShare\Installers\AutoCAD 2022\image\Collection.xml" --installer_version "1.20.0.44"
brandon_jones
Champion Sweeper III
First create a batch file with only the silent install script in it. Copy that .bat file to the PackageShare on your Lansweeper server. By default it is \\lansweeperserver\defaultpackageshare$. Put the .bat file in the installers folder.

Go into Lansweeper and create a new deployment. Name the package and enter a description. Choose the maximum duration for the deployment. The default is 15 minutes. If it normally takes longer than that to install the software be sure to increase that time. Select who you want to run the job as. System account should be fine. Click ok.

Now click add step

In the action choose script. Enter a name like Install AutoCad2022. If you copied the.bat file to the package share that I mentioned above, the script path should be {PackageShare}\installer\insertbatfilenamehere.bat In the action on success field choose stop (success). In the Action on failure choose stop (failure). Click ok. Now deploy package to a computer.

Brandon wrote:
First create a batch file with only the silent install script in it. Copy that .bat file to the PackageShare on your Lansweeper server. By default it is \\lansweeperserver\defaultpackageshare$. Put the .bat file in the installers folder.

Go into Lansweeper and create a new deployment. Name the package and enter a description. Choose the maximum duration for the deployment. The default is 15 minutes. If it normally takes longer than that to install the software be sure to increase that time. Select who you want to run the job as. System account should be fine. Click ok.

Now click add step

In the action choose script. Enter a name like Install AutoCad2022. If you copied the.bat file to the package share that I mentioned above, the script path should be {PackageShare}\installer\insertbatfilenamehere.bat In the action on success field choose stop (success). In the Action on failure choose stop (failure). Click ok. Now deploy package to a computer.

Unfortunately still no luck 😞

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now