cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
dshu
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi,

It was brought to my attention by a colleague that data held in a report containing video card RAM was incorrect.

When scanning an NVIDIA Quadro M6000 24GB, the 'AdapterRam' value for the card is 4095, despite the card having 24GB of vRAM. My report is pulling this data from the following locaiton :tblVideoController.AdapterRAM.

Attached is a screenshot of the card when viewing the system on its computer page.

Could you advise?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dougohm!
Lansweeper can already scan and display the proper video card RAM value. If you experience any issues with it, please create a new topic or contact our support. We will be happy to help you there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dougohm
Engaged Sweeper II

Has there been any change to this? It is unfortunate to not have accurate info about our higher-end video cards.

Hi @dougohm!
Lansweeper can already scan and display the proper video card RAM value. If you experience any issues with it, please create a new topic or contact our support. We will be happy to help you there.

remcom
Engaged Sweeper
We appreciate finding this answer here - thank you. It looks like all of our new workstations going forward will have GPUs with more than 4GB of memory, and for the sake of reporting and searching, we add our vote for this improvement.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently, Lansweeper does not scan VRAM that is above 4GB. This is because at this moment Lansweeper scans this from Win32_VideoController, which has the data type uint32. This means that it is impossible to have a value larger than 4GB stored in it.

I will add this to the list of Windows scanning improvements as in the future more and more workstations will have dedicated GPUs with more than 4GB of VRAM.