cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tecnocap_spa
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
the Xerox Waste Toner (Dry Ink) Container is not detected as full by Lansweeper. The status is always OK and our IT office can't have full control of this assets.
Any tips or improvement scheduled for this issue?
The exact model of printer is Xerox WorkCentre 7120.
Thank you in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
EagleEyeJoe
Engaged Sweeper II
It's not just Xerox's - but yes, those so as well for items that don't always have a percentage.

Where this is also coming up is with Brother printers, multiple types -- either a -2 or -3 shows on Lansweeper. If we go to the printers GUI, it will show the percentage of toner remaining. MIB issue or ?
saffo
Engaged Sweeper II
EagleEyeJoe wrote:
It's not just Xerox's - but yes, those so as well for items that don't always have a percentage.

Where this is also coming up is with Brother printers, multiple types -- either a -2 or -3 shows on Lansweeper. If we go to the printers GUI, it will show the percentage of toner remaining. MIB issue or ?

Did you solve it yet?
saffo wrote:
Did you solve it yet?

Check the web interface of the printer, I think you will find most report it this way, I know the Xerox at work do. It is either ok or not ok, doesn't actually give you a percentage so there is nothing for Lansweeper to query to get any additional data.
saffo
Engaged Sweeper II
CyberCitizen wrote:
saffo wrote:
Did you solve it yet?

Check the web interface of the printer, I think you will find most report it this way, I know the Xerox at work do. It is either ok or not ok, doesn't actually give you a percentage so there is nothing for Lansweeper to query to get any additional data.

Ah alright so lansweeper for you still gives the value "unknown"? I have rico printers and they also give the value ok or not ok
tecnocap_spa
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for the response. I would like to point out that ALL Xerox printers in our plant show this issue, the Waste Toner Box is always OK even if is't about to end.
Is there any solution to this problem?
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
We have received the required information and replied back to the user, but for the benefit of others we would like to share what we found:

When checking the device tester output for the printer in question we saw that the printer was returning a toner level of -3. This means that there is some toner left, but that the exact amount is unknown, as such Lansweeper won't be able to provide accurate toner levels for the Xerox Waste Toner (Dry Ink) Container, as the printer doesn't seem to return an accurate toner level.

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you send an email to support@lansweeper.com with the following information so we can investigate?:
  • Screenshots of the full output of devicetester.exe which can be found under Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Run the test directly from your Lansweeper server to the printer in question, using the same credentials you use for scanning.
  • Full screenshots of the printer's Lansweeper webpage.
  • A reference to this forum post or a brief recap of the issue.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now