cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastiangomez
Engaged Sweeper

Just wanted to share, what I think is a very complex package that would hopefully give people ideas on how to better use lansweeper package deployments. the Windows 10 files used were Windowsupdatebox.exe and an ESD file.

ESD File can be downloaded by doing a google search or if you use WSUS you can right click the applicable update for your network, view file information and get the download URL from there.

14 REPLIES 14
CyberCitizen wrote:
Very different to the way we are doing things.

Disable Sleep on Battery
cmd.exe /c powercfg -x -standby-timeout-dc 0

Disable Sleep on Mains Power
cmd.exe /c powercfg -x -standby-timeout-ac 0

Install Win 10 without Rebooting the machine (eg allows the user to reboot at night).
"{PackageShare}\Microsoft\Windows 10 v1903\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /Compat IgnoreWarning

And we have one more package without the no reboot option when we want to force it to reboot once completed.

Can you please advise the improvements in completing this task via your means?

Hello, I have tried this method to upgrade from 1903 to 2004, but it didn't work. Did anyone try to upgrade to 2004 yet?
Alex Beaumier wrote:
Hello, I have tried this method to upgrade from 1903 to 2004, but it didn't work. Did anyone try to upgrade to 2004 yet?

Sorry, haven't tested it yet as we are not deploying 2004 until its a little more tested.
sylvain_finardi
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

Many thanks for your post.

I found both files in WSUS, with a right click on the upgrade package, selecting "file Information"
I also tried to install it on a computer and found the same files in C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\SomeUID"

I removed step 11 as it is related to your anti-virus and replaced ESD with 1909 (also replaced all 1903 in your script)
also modified last step to stop success and failure.

Works well !
jkm9694
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, This tool looks exactly what I am looking for. I have got myself an ESD file, but where do I find a copy of Windowsupdatebox.exe???

Thanks
Joe
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
jkm9694 wrote:
Hello, This tool looks exactly what I am looking for. I have got myself an ESD file, but where do I find a copy of Windowsupdatebox.exe???

Thanks
Joe

Can't this be found in "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\" and then a UID folder name?
At least that's what I was able to find online