cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomwann
Engaged Sweeper

I've been reading through a lot of the help desk forums trying all these various items and they seem to only halfway work, or they work inconstantly within my environment, and I can't figure out why. I have scanned my environment I have all of my endpoints but when I try to push applications I keep getting errors.

Does any one have a Windows 7 GPO settings template that they would be willing to share for correctly setting the firewall rules and ports, what services have to to be running? In order for me to be able to consistently be able to scan my endpoints and push applications to my environment.

I've provided a sanitized screen shot of what happens when I try to test the connection, and a sanitized screen shot of my GPO settings I've tried to implement based on the lansweeper help desk forums I've already read.
2 REPLIES 2
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Here's the GPO I use on my network that has been working without issue for 3+ years now (including new W10 machines just coming in)

Apply to the correct Computer OU (not the default 'Computers' container), and set the security filtering to Authenticated Users

Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>System Services> WMI (Startup-Auto)
Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>System Services> Remote Registry (Startup-Auto)

Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Windows Firewall with Advanced Sec>WMI (ASync-In): Allow /enabled
Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Windows Firewall with Advanced Sec>WMI (WMI-In): Allow /enabled
Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Windows Firewall with Advanced Sec>WMI (DCOM-In): Allow /enabled
Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Windows Firewall with Advanced Sec>File and Printer Sharing(ICMPv6-In): Allow /enabled
Computer>Policies>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Windows Firewall with Advanced Sec>File and Printer Sharing(ICMPv4-In): Allow /enabled

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The tester mentiones that the C$ can't be accessed. You'll need to ensure that the scanning credentials submitted under Scanning\Scanning Credentials in the Lansweeper web console have access to C$ on the target machines, as Lansweeper uses this folder to store an executable called RemoteDeployment that will run the deployment. If access to C$ is denied, your deployments will fail. You can test this by browsing to \\hostname\c$ from the Lansweeper server to the target computer with a failed deployment using the same credentials as you are using to deploy.

You can check the following articles on how to enable admin shares:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/946937/network-location-cannot-be-reached-when-accessing-shares
https://superuser.com/questions/328461/how-to-access-c-share-in-a-network