cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talktomegoose
Engaged Sweeper
Do the windows RSAT (remote server admin tools) show up in lansweeper? I have searched but not able to find.

The tools are part of the Windows FOD (features on demand).

We are trying to verify that all installs have been removed from our environment.

Thanks.

Edit: Just updated to 10.2.0.0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II

It looks like Windows doesn't handle RSAT like a normal application install, so Lansweeper (as of this post) probably won't detect it. 

One thing you could do is add one/some/all of the RSAT application files locations (ex. C:\Windows\System32\dsa.msc) to the File Scanning piece in Lansweeper, then from there you could get a report of assets with those files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II

It looks like Windows doesn't handle RSAT like a normal application install, so Lansweeper (as of this post) probably won't detect it. 

One thing you could do is add one/some/all of the RSAT application files locations (ex. C:\Windows\System32\dsa.msc) to the File Scanning piece in Lansweeper, then from there you could get a report of assets with those files.

Thanks! That seems worth a try!

dwinters2022
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello! Just replying here to see if this will get answered. I have been trying to do they same thing. We need a way to identify which machines have the RSAT tools installed but I can't see how to do this in Lansweeper. I am looking at my own device as an example and don't see any indication in Lansweeper that RSAT is installed. Ideally, a report would show this.