cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcolpitts
Engaged Sweeper
I’m curious if anyone has any ideas on this… I have a consultants license for LanSweeper, and I am often asked to perform audits for our clients (or more commonly prospective new clients). The bulk of the time, I have very limited remote access to the client network where LanSweeper is installed. What I’d like to be able to do is after I’ve run discovery and gathered what I need to write an audit report, I’d like to be able to remove the LS from the client site and bring the database (and GUI) up on my notebook here so I can reference it as we write our audit reports - regardless if I am in my office or on an airplane…

What is the best way to accomplish this?

dcc
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend that you perform a database backup of the client's Lansweeper database. If you have an instance of Lansweeper installed on your laptop, you could restore the client's database backup onto your own Lansweeperdb. Under services.msc, stop and disable Lansweeper service on your laptop to prevent updates to the database and open the web console in order to view data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcolpitts
Engaged Sweeper
So what I was doing is the way to do it... Perfect. Thanks for the prompt response.

dcc
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend that you perform a database backup of the client's Lansweeper database. If you have an instance of Lansweeper installed on your laptop, you could restore the client's database backup onto your own Lansweeperdb. Under services.msc, stop and disable Lansweeper service on your laptop to prevent updates to the database and open the web console in order to view data.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now