cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hexoxssaa
Engaged Sweeper II
As used ls for a period time, there some disadvantages comes out.
  1. Actions use domain name for host lookup. This really comfused me, because it will just fault if a computer is not in AD or have no PTR record in DNS. So why actions can't be setup to use IP?
  2. Rename detection is too "smart". There are no advance options to control the algorithm to detect rename. A choice of what attributes to determine rename is better. In my option, I hope custom attributes builded into lspush.exe too. It would be useful if we like the computer at the same position to be the same asset. In fact, zabbix & puppet could do this easyly, but they are too heavy for just getting info.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
1. They can. Change the {smartname} parameter to the {ipaddress} parameter under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages. Available parameters are listed when you hit the Add Asset Action button.
2. This is unlikely to be implemented to be honest. Configuring rename detection incorrectly could lead to all kinds of odd scanning behaviors and confused emails to our support team.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
1. They can. Change the {smartname} parameter to the {ipaddress} parameter under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages. Available parameters are listed when you hit the Add Asset Action button.
2. This is unlikely to be implemented to be honest. Configuring rename detection incorrectly could lead to all kinds of odd scanning behaviors and confused emails to our support team.