cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgravi
Engaged Sweeper II
We are on the latest version of Lansweeper (6.0.151.34) and the latest version of Chrome (68.0.3440.75). Once I pick an asset (Windows 7 workstation), I tried the following basic actions and there was no response from Chrome:
(1) Remote Desktop
(2) Open C$

Tried Remote Control (P) from Advanced actions which prompted a dialog box with Do you want to run : '\\servername\lansweeper$\lsremote workstation_name?. After I select Yes, nothing happens.

All of the above work with IE (11.0.9600.19080).

Any help is appreciated!
Ravi
5 REPLIES 5
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
not sure if this helps anyone, but I too had this problem and thought I had followed all those steps. I figured, I would try again though.

As soon as I followed this step -

"Make sure both the extension components and extension were fully installed." and installed BOTH parts, it worked for me. I had originally thought it was only one extension needed, but it does need both. If anyone else is having this problem, try installing both of these - even if you think you already have, and restarting all your chrome windows/tabs.

Good Luck!

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Did you also try removing the folder with the components I mentioned?

If you did, I'm unfortunately out of ideas. I would recommend contacting our support and send them the information so they can troubleshoot it.
mgravi
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
Did you also try removing the folder with the components I mentioned?

If you did, I'm unfortunately out of ideas. I would recommend contacting our support and send them the information so they can troubleshoot it.

Yes Charles, I tried that again. Still doesn't work. I will contact your support and see if they have other suggestions.
mgravi
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Charles. I tried all these steps several times and still it doesn't work.

I used Fiddler to capture the request and response for that action. The responses are different!

Raw response from Chrome

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 00:44:25 GMT
Content-Length: 205

{"ErrorType":"","Error":false,"Emsg":"\\\\dwkekdc02\\lansweeper$\\shellexec.vbs \"\\\\KEKIS05.hawaiidws.org\\c$\"","AddedRows":[],"Columns":[],"Columnwid":[],"Action":"","ReturnValues":{},"ReturnValue":""}

Raw response from IE
IE RAW RESPONSE:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Encoding: gzip
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 00:52:52 GMT
Content-Length: 278

`I %&/m {J J t  `$ؐ@ iG#) * eVe]f@ 흼 { { ; N' ?\fdl J ɞ! ?~|?"~ G u] o W G > h$~ <+ Z4 K m v6 } 2[6Wy } y^ |: 4 m < ʊbvՌ } . g | j>z >: b qU i[TK€^{ z Y Ω / % 'h K  xt
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Some things to verify and try out:
  • Make sure both the extension components and extension were fully installed.
  • The extension components are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Lansweeper
  • The presence of the extension can be verified by going to chrome://extensions
  • Make sure your browser has fully restarted after the installation (a process may have been left behind, check your task manager)
  • If the above are in order, another extension may be interfering, try disabling all other extensions temporarily, restarting Chrome and retesting.
  • Finally, you could try removed the components and extension and reinstalling them.