cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YvainP
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

We changed the login name of one user and would like to give access to Lansweeper.
If I search the username in the global search field I found it, no problem.
If I search the same username in the "Add AD User" screen (in User Access and Roles) nothing found.
BUT I can still find it with the old username...

I activated "Refresh Active Directory user details (Department, telephone,... ) in the Lansweeper database." in server options and restarted the service.
I already ran a Scan Now on AD User Path

What can I do more ?

Thanks in advance,
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The latest version has a fix in it for the bug where AD users information would not be updated when using a preferred domain controller. This is why I recommended it. If updating doesn't fix the issue, you're best off contacting support.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can always find the very latest release here: https://www.lansweeper.com/download/

The update check inside of Lansweeper always has a small delay. Currently, the latest version is 6.0.230.

What you could try is check if the following option is enabled in Configuration\Server Options

user options
YvainP
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
You can always find the very latest release here: https://www.lansweeper.com/download/

The update check inside of Lansweeper always has a small delay. Currently, the latest version is 6.0.230.

What you could try is check if the following option is enabled in Configuration\Server Options

user options

As said in my first post, I already checked that option and restarted the service.

Is there any change in the new version that will help with my issue ?
YvainP
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

We have the latest version available : 6.0.151.34

I tried your way but it didn't changed anything, I can't find the user in "User Access and Roles".

Anything else I can try ?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What Lansweeper version are you on? There was an issue in older versions which could prevent AD user information from being updated.

What you can try is go to Scanning\Scanning Targets and remove any Active Directory Preferred Domain Controllers you have listed on the page. Once removed, restart your Lansweeper server service and try rescanning your users.