cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudamento
Engaged Sweeper II
I have been attempting to implement some of our saved Execl sheets into Articles.

I have tried several methods and none have the desired result, so I'm curious if anyone else has done this.

The closest method is plain copy-pasting while using Internet Explorer (If I use chrome all formatting breaks).
However this doesn't retain most formatting and results in a lot of squished text.

I've also tried my hand at the "Export as HTML" wizard with Excel and that has not produced working results.

I have also tried saving each page individually as HTML and that also does not work.

Anyone else managed anything similar to this and/or have advice on getting it done?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm not sure what you used to convert your Excel document to HTML, but that should work. As a test I used this website: https://codebeautify.org/excel-to-html

I uploaded an Excel document, converted it, copied the table HTML and pasted in into the knowledge base (make sure to edit the source by clicking the <> icon in the text editor).

It will create a normal HTML table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rudamento
Engaged Sweeper II
After looking at that I think I figured out the issue.

I believe it's losing some of the formatting when I convert to HTML, but it's losing the "Merged Cells" formatting, resulting in large amounts of extra blank cells. Looks like an issue with converting this specific sheet to HTML.

Thanks!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm not sure what you used to convert your Excel document to HTML, but that should work. As a test I used this website: https://codebeautify.org/excel-to-html

I uploaded an Excel document, converted it, copied the table HTML and pasted in into the knowledge base (make sure to edit the source by clicking the <> icon in the text editor).

It will create a normal HTML table.