cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdonaldson2986
Engaged Sweeper
I am currently using Lansweeper to help with our software auditing and found that the Acrobat 2017 on computer is being detected, but the key is not being retrieved. I know I need to probably set up a custom registry scan, but has anyone already done this and know what needs to be set?
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/viewing-and-scanning-software-license-keys/

For products by software publisher Adobe specifically, it pulls additional license keys from .swidtag files on the Windows computer. Your Adobe software's .swidtag files should be stored in one of the file locations listed below. The first two are used by both Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, while the third and fourth are used by more recent Windows operating systems. Lansweeper automatically scans Adobe .swidtag files for stored license keys.

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe\ISO‐19770
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\regid.1986-12.com.adobe
%PROGRAMDATA%\Adobe\ISO‐19770
%PROGRAMDATA%\regid.1986-12.com.adobe

Unfortunately, not all Adobe products seem to use the swidtag files. Which is why I assume OP's license key isn't found.
crashff
Champion Sweeper
What I find interesting is that Lansweeper 7 is showing my registration key properly, but those registry paths don't exist, so I have no idea where they are pulling from.
anpatterson03
Engaged Sweeper III
I use the two keys below that usually pull the licenses for me. We don't use volume licenses though. This scans the keys from DC 2015 and 2017 versions.

SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\Registration
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\Registration
crashff
Champion Sweeper
According to Adobe support, the registry entries listed by Charles do not work on Acrobat DC if you have a subscription license. Volume license keys may not show up either (they dont show on my network in any of 40 machines).
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Found this article which says it's in one of the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\Registration\SERIAL (64-bit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\Registration\SERIAL (32-bit)

Instructions for custom registry key scanning can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/report-based-on-registry-keys/