cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mghabel
Engaged Sweeper II
I just upgraded to version 5.3.0.8. I noticed that I can scan a group of computers but can't scan an individual computer.

if i click on "Rescan Asset" while viewing a single computer, nothing happens. "Scan Status" remains idle and no updates will happen. I cleared the scan queue and tried again with no luck. it won't even show up in the scan queue.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Max
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Heertsch wrote:
same problem here (V5.3.0.8).
In Debug Mode: no output, if I rescan PC with Error 1053.

FYI for everyone: this issue was caused by WMI corruption on the client machine, not the Lansweeper update. This is the reply we sent via email:
Your screenshot shows that a scan attempt *was* recently made for the problem machine. You can tell by the "last tried" (= last scan attempt) listed on the page. The error you are seeing seems to point to WMI corruption on the client machine and is unlikely to be related to the update of your Lansweeper installation. The problem client machine has never actually been successfully scanned. If it had been, there would still be old data listed on the page.

Could you:
  • Follow these instructions to repair WMI on the client machine.
  • Hit the Rescan Asset button on the client machine's Lansweeper webpage and wait for the last tried date listed on the page to update.
  • See if the issue persists.

mghabel wrote:
if i click on "Rescan Asset" while viewing a single computer, nothing happens

One other customer reported the same issue in the meantime. In his case, a malformed IP exclusion turned out to be the problem. We'll add validation to IP exclusions in our next release, but I would recommend checking your exclusions in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Methods and correcting any malformed IPs that may have already been submitted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
@Heertsch,
Could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com, providing your errorlog.txt after rescanning a computer in debug mode
Heertsch
Engaged Sweeper
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Heertsch wrote:

FYI for everyone: this issue was caused by WMI corruption on the client machine, not the Lansweeper update. This is the reply we sent via email:
Your screenshot shows that a scan attempt *was* recently made for the problem machine. You can tell by the "last tried" (= last scan attempt) listed on the page. The error you are seeing seems to point to WMI corruption on the client machine and is unlikely to be related to the update of your Lansweeper installation. The problem client machine has never actually been successfully scanned. If it had been, there would still be old data listed on the page.

Could you:
  • Follow these instructions to repair WMI on the client machine.
  • Hit the Rescan Asset button on the client machine's Lansweeper webpage and wait for the last tried date listed on the page to update.
  • See if the issue persists.

mghabel wrote:
if i click on "Rescan Asset" while viewing a single computer, nothing happens

One other customer reported the same issue in the meantime. In his case, a malformed IP exclusion turned out to be the problem. We'll add validation to IP exclusions in our next release, but I would recommend checking your exclusions in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration\Scanning Methods and correcting any malformed IPs that may have already been submitted.
mghabel
Engaged Sweeper II
Sorry for late reply.
I couldn't wait so i restored the old version back for now.
I tried manual scan and range scan with no luck.
I will wait for the next version.
thanks,
Max
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm unable to reproduce this problem. Is it possible that the problem computers are simply excluded from scanning? This knowledge base article provides more information on the various ways in which you can exclude assets from scanning.

If exclusions don't explain the problem and the issue persists, please put your scanning service in debug mode, contact support@lansweeper.com and provide:
  • Description of the problem.
  • Screenshots of the steps you are taking to rescan one problem client machine.
  • Screenshot of the following webpage when you've initiated the scan: http://<Lansweeper server name>:9524
    Replace what's highlighted with your own Lansweeper server name.
  • Service error log generated in debug mode after the scan attempt.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now