cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppoppe
Engaged Sweeper
Hi folks,

I always check the new features in the releases and at this point I have to say: very nice work - lansweeper get's better and better every release.

But I can't find the new added feature in 5.2: Anti-virus definition scanning

Can someone tell me where to find it and how to use it?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The signature information needs to be available in the WMI on your client computers. Some antivirus products do not update their own status correctly, or Windows doesn't update the WMI class. In this case there is not much that Lansweeper can do.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ppoppe
Engaged Sweeper
So it is only interesting on Linux Servers?
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
ppoppe wrote:
So it is only interesting on Linux Servers?

No, it is only used on Windows workstations.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Please also note that Antivirus Scanning does not work on windows server.

The WMI class used to read the information simply does not exist there.

Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The signature information needs to be available in the WMI on your client computers. Some antivirus products do not update their own status correctly, or Windows doesn't update the WMI class. In this case there is not much that Lansweeper can do.
ppoppe
Engaged Sweeper
On the summary tab there is no Anti-Virus section.
In the software tab there is a section Anti-Virus but there is only "Symantec Endpoint Protection" with the "Last Changed" date visible.
Unfortunately no definition/signature.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
There are two ways to see if a computer has virus protection:

1. Through the list of installed software. If your antivirus software appears in Programs and Features on your Windows computer, in Lansweeper under Configuration\Anti-Virus you can add it to the list of anti-virus software.

2. This is new in Lansweeper 5.2: Information about antivirus software is directly read from Windows computers. You can see the result on the Asset page of your Windows computer, tab Summary, section Anti-Virus. Here you'll see the name of the antivirus-software and if its signature is up-to-date or not.

You can use this also for reports. We have several new built-in reports about computers with or without antivirus software. Note that both methods have some restrictions, dependent on which software you are using for virus protection.