cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandersen
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm looking for a way to archive desktops that have been replaced and not have them show up in the default reports but have them still searchable. Once this is in place, if possible, I then would like to be able to run a report on all "archived" desktops and pull the device serial number and hard drive(s) serial number(s) in a report.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use asset states for this. Almost all built in reports filter out all assets of a state other than "Active" using where tblassetcustom.state = 1.

You could add an additional state under Configuration\Asset Pages or use one of the built-in states. Afterwards you can report on all assets of the state you've used for archived desktops by reporting on tblState.state ='Archive' for instance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mmeetze
Engaged Sweeper III
Bruce, I am looking for clarification for how Lansweeper auto assigns states. We needed to pull a report that would list all Mac devices, when I do that with the active state filter on I recieve around 75 devices, we are anticipating around 4-500 of them. So i ran a report that would list all Mac assets regardless of state, then I am seeing Stolen, In Repair, Doesnt Show, where are these coming from and how are they assigned? This report pulled back 1600 unique results so I am not sure where they are seeing the extra ones.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use asset states for this. Almost all built in reports filter out all assets of a state other than "Active" using where tblassetcustom.state = 1.

You could add an additional state under Configuration\Asset Pages or use one of the built-in states. Afterwards you can report on all assets of the state you've used for archived desktops by reporting on tblState.state ='Archive' for instance.