cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelFunk
Engaged Sweeper II
I probably haven't seen the right part of documentation yet, so if this is just something I missed..

Can you use wildcards in the asset pages column filters? for example, say if I'm looking at assets and just want to see the ones with an IP Address of 172.16.*9.*... Is that possible? I don't want to run a report.. I just want to quickly glance at those devices..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_W1
Engaged Sweeper
The search boxes in reports and asset overviews automatically perform a "contains" search, i.e. they automatically add a wildcard before and after the text you've submitted in the search box. You can use search boxes in reports and asset overviews to look for assets with an IP of 172.16.9.* for instance.

However, using wildcards within your text is not possible using the search boxes. This is something you'll need to build a SQL report for instead. Keep in mind that SQL uses % as a wildcard, not *. To create a report for the specific example you've given:
  • Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report. A default report will be generated that already includes IP addresses.
  • Add the following filter to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.IPAddress expression:
    Like '172.16.%9.%'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelFunk
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks! I was hoping to avoid needing to flip into reports when I was already in the inventory list. Sounds like that's a no-go...
John_W1
Engaged Sweeper
The search boxes in reports and asset overviews automatically perform a "contains" search, i.e. they automatically add a wildcard before and after the text you've submitted in the search box. You can use search boxes in reports and asset overviews to look for assets with an IP of 172.16.9.* for instance.

However, using wildcards within your text is not possible using the search boxes. This is something you'll need to build a SQL report for instead. Keep in mind that SQL uses % as a wildcard, not *. To create a report for the specific example you've given:
  • Open the report builder under Reports\Create New Report. A default report will be generated that already includes IP addresses.
  • Add the following filter to the Criteria column of the tblAssets.IPAddress expression:
    Like '172.16.%9.%'