cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbode1
Engaged Sweeper
After an IP Scan, I lost assets . They are just gone (2 of 189 so far I realized).
Actually there is no option set in assset cleanup.
I'm using the newest version of lansweeper.

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The disappearing assets issue you're experiencing may be caused by assets overwriting each other. A device will be overwritten by another device if it shares one or more MAC addresses with the other device. Shared MAC addresses explain the behavior you are seeing. You can blacklist the shared MAC addresses to prevent an overwrite, but keep in mind that each device would still need to have at least one unique MAC address.

If you would like to attempt blacklisting MAC addresses, a sample script for doing so can be seen below. You will need to insert the shared MAC address into the script and run it under Configuration\Database Scripts. Proceed with caution when running scripts and always create a database backup first. Backup instructions can be found in this article. If you're having trouble finding the asset other assets are being merged into, the asset that received merges will have an entry in the comments tab indicating a merge happened.
INSERT INTO tsysMacBlacklist (Mac, Comment) VALUES ('00:00:00:00:00:00', 'your blacklist comment')
GO
UPDATE tsysupdate SET MacBlacklist = GETDATE()