cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgt
Engaged Sweeper III
We have ThinClients from Wyse (P20 & P25) which are mapped to the Asset Type "Webserver" by default.
But there is no OID present to edit the mapping under "Asset mapping".

Is there a way to achive this?

I have created an Asset Type "ThinClient".

5 REPLIES 5
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Do note that you can change the asset type of multiple assets at the same time directly under the Assets tab in the main asset overview. Select the assets you want to modify, click Mass Edit Assets (the top one) and modify any value. If this value has a lock against scanning option it will be automatically checked.
tgt
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm one step further.

I the Wyse P25 to an OID. But the Wyse P20 are still recogniced as Webserver.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I get that doing that for 80 assets is very time consuming. How are you currently scanning the Thin Clients? If you can scan them with SNMP an OID should be found and then you can map that OID to an asset type.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You should be able to change the asset's type by using the "Edit asset" option on the asset's page.
asset type
tgt
Engaged Sweeper III
Charles.X wrote:
You should be able to change the asset's type by using the "Edit asset" option on the asset's page.

That is true. But every new scan would overwrite this change unless I lock it down.
I was just unwilling to make this change for 80 Assets. (As far es I know I have to set the lock in the details page.)