cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
While Asset Radar is very welcome addition to Lnasweeper, I soon found capabilities are limited to what network interfaces your scanning server(s) have. Is it possible to have dedicated Asset Radar servers/packet collectors for additional subnets and expand radar range this way?
3 REPLIES 3
mfassler
Engaged Sweeper II

Does this require additional licenses to have multiple servers?  We'd need to set up 8 additional servers to get Asset Radar to see 8 additional subnets within our company.   Or as long as we don't go over our assigned number of assets, the number of additional server instances will all license just fine?

gdavid
Champion Sweeper
Juha Otava wrote:
While Asset Radar is very welcome addition to Lnasweeper, I soon found capabilities are limited to what network interfaces your scanning server(s) have. Is it possible to have dedicated Asset Radar servers/packet collectors for additional subnets and expand radar range this way?

we also have a segmented network with many segments. a passive scanner on our network would be difficult to use.
i'm not sure how complete it would be, but i would love to see a vendor offer a mac/ip collection from the switches.

cisco has the network as a sensor option, i think parts of this can be leveraged to feed lansweeper data.
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi Juha Otava,

Lansweeper gathers a list of all interfaces that are operational on your scanning server(s) and makes them available under the Scanning\Compatibility & Settings page. If you want to expand the asset radar range to additional subnets, you can add an extra scanning server on each subnet.

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-an-installation-with-multiple-scanning-servers/