cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fernando
Engaged Sweeper II
What is the best/quick way to see the assets that don't have a specific software installed?
2 REPLIES 2
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
I don't have a great answer, except to say that this isn't as straight forward as one would hope. A query typically looks for the existence of something. Querying for the lack of something isn't as simple as adding a NOT to the front of it. The fact that you are asking means you probably know that though!

The way that comes to mind for me is to first create a query of everything that HAS the software (table A), a query of all devices that are a part of your scope (table B), and then have it report everything that exists in table B that doesn't exist in table A. I'm sorry I don't have an actual query example. I remember trying to create something at one point and later deciding that it was a one off and that I could just as easily get the list from table A, the list from table B, and then spend a few minutes in Excel to set them side by side and clean it up.
Fernando
Engaged Sweeper II
RKCar wrote:
I don't have a great answer, except to say that this isn't as straight forward as one would hope. A query typically looks for the existence of something. Querying for the lack of something isn't as simple as adding a NOT to the front of it. The fact that you are asking means you probably know that though!

The way that comes to mind for me is to first create a query of everything that HAS the software (table A), a query of all devices that are a part of your scope (table B), and then have it report everything that exists in table B that doesn't exist in table A. I'm sorry I don't have an actual query example. I remember trying to create something at one point and later deciding that it was a one off and that I could just as easily get the list from table A, the list from table B, and then spend a few minutes in Excel to set them side by side and clean it up.

No problem at all, I really appreciate your time for answering me! I'll figure that out. Have a nice weekend.