cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyarndt
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,
I am setting up a new Lansweeper server (to replace our old server) and when I open the Lansweeper site I am prompted for my Login Name and Password. If I type in my domain\username I am able to access the site but I am hoping that the authentication will happen automatically so that I do not get prompted.

My old/existing Lansweeper server works without prompting for login/pw and is a Windows 2003 server (using IIS). The new setup uses Windows 7 Enterprise (with IIS).

Is this a Windows 7 thing, newer OS thing, and can this be fixed to eliminate the prompt?

Thoughts?

Thank you
Corey
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Whether you are automatically logged in or prompted for credentials depends on your browser configuration. This knowledge base article explains how to enable/disable prompts in various browsers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Whether you are automatically logged in or prompted for credentials depends on your browser configuration. This knowledge base article explains how to enable/disable prompts in various browsers.
coreyarndt
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you for your response. I checked the settings and everything is set as you mentioned. Is it possible that there is an underlying piece of software missing on the OS? IIS version is 7.5.7600

Thank you again
kanek
Engaged Sweeper II
This is how I have my permissions set on IIS 8.5

AA - Disabled
ASP.Net - Disabled
Forms - Disabled
WA - Enabled = HTTP 401 Challenge (Providers = Negotiate then NTLM)

Hope it helps. This works in our domain for IE 11 and Chrome.