cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khancock1
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, we are trying to setup the help desk and have hit two significant issues.

1. We would like to pre-populate the location information based either on the users AD OU, AD company field.
2. With this location information we would like to automatically assign the technician.

Our users are used to this type of auto assignment and auto lookup and it's vital to keeping our tickets organized. Dispatching rules don't look like they would work and I can't find any other method in the help desk. We're trying to transition from another product and so far this is the only major missing feature.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately we do not have a public feature request tracker. We use an internal tracking system which we use to link all requests to their specific feature. The more people request a feature, the higher priority it gets.
alowe
Engaged Sweeper
Charles.X,
Can you post the feature request, as assigned by OU would be very helpful for us?

Thanks,
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Very interesting to see this being done with a SQL script. I'll link the ticket to the existing feature request for this.
khancock1
Engaged Sweeper II
Totally agree it should be easier. I'm far from a DBA, but the lanschool DB seems very well written and easy to dive into. This triggers only on a new ticket being created.

Small world LOL!
richv
Engaged Sweeper II
Interesting. I am no SQL guru, but will play around w/ it, where exactly does this trigger from? Much appreciated. Seems like it should be much easier. Still learning the in's and out's of it all.

Thanks neighbor (Nashua based here)!
khancock1
Engaged Sweeper II
I ended up writing a SQL trigger that looks at the user's AD company info and assigns it to the correct tech. I only have 3 people to auto assign in this fashion and it's been working for us for about 10 months. Code is below:

USE [lansweeperdb]
GO
/****** Object: Trigger [dbo].[AutoAssignTicket] Script Date: 6/22/2017 2:58:14 PM ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
ALTER TRIGGER [dbo].[AutoAssignTicket] ON [dbo].[htblticket]
FOR INSERT As

/**** Jordan's Tickets */
Update htblticket
set agentid = '16'
FROM htblticket
Join htblusers htblusers1 On htblusers1.userid = htblticket.fromuserid
where
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' And htblusers1.company like 'Hudson School District')
or
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' And htblusers1.company like 'Early Learning Center')
or
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' And htblusers1.company like 'SAU81')

/***** Kevin's Tickets */
Update htblticket
set agentid = '17'
FROM htblticket
where
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' and htblusers1.company like 'Nottingham West Elementary School')
or
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' and htblusers1.company like 'Hudson Memorial School')

/*Pete's Tickets */
Update htblticket
set agentid = '19'
FROM htblticket
where
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' and htblusers1.company like 'Alvirne High School')
or
(htblticket.agentid IS NULL And htblticket.tickettypeid = '1' and htblusers1.company like 'Hills Garrison Elementary School')

richv
Engaged Sweeper II
Any Update on this? Having a similar issue:

We are POC'ing Lansweeper. Lots of very good features and pretty easy to use.

Custom field "Location" combo box has numerous values of different IT locations. For example:

- Location B
- Location C

When the ticket is submitted (we are using this field in every ticket), we want:

Location A - assigned to Team/Agent A
Location B - assigned to Team/Agent B
Location C - assigned to Team/Agent C

Comment 1 would be more Ideal by using AD, but not 100% necessary. Haven't found a "simple" way of doing this yet, not to say there isn't.